Reaching New Heights
Alan’s presentations and workshops are gripping, informative programs supported by stunning photos and videos captured along the challenging ascent of Mount Everest. The concepts and strategies that Alan shares help develop great leaders and teams by focusing on the professional skills and mindsets essential for success. Alan’s insights highlight important qualities for effective leadership, teamwork and human performance. They include practical tools and examples that can be implemented to achieve results in participants’ personal and professional lives. Alan leads by example and has tested these strategies in his own life with tremendous results. Above all, Alan’s programs exemplify the mentality and passion involved in conquering the challenges we take on – our own Everest. By drawing parallels between mountaineering challenges and the challenges we choose or are inadvertently faced with, Alan offers ways to initiate positive change.
The presentation style that Alan has developed is energetic, engaging and interactive while the nature of his material encourages innovative thinking from participants. The techniques that he uses are both beneficial and exciting, resulting in an exceptional learning experience and greater knowledge retention. Alan has worked with many diverse audiences and continues to seek to understand what is most effective for each unique group. He customizes his programs to focus on the areas that are most beneficial. By integrating his innovative leadership and project management experience with captivating mountaineering and adventure stories, Alan creates a powerful and unforgettable journey for his audience.
“Simply amazing and awe-inspiring. An incredible speaker with a great story to tell.”
— Matthew Ng, PEng, MBA, PMP | Manager, Chapters | Professional Engineers Ontario
Alan’s dynamic programs on building trust highlight the tools and essential steps that are involved in developing a level of trust in professional relationships. This is the foundation of effective teamwork and a collaborative, transparent work environment.
- The importance and advantages of building trust
- Fostering an environment that encourages trust development
- Strategies, tools and techniques for building trust
- Gaining team member alignment and commitment
- Open and transparent communication without placing blame
Coaching & Motivation
Motivating and developing others is an art that requires a unique skill set and adaptation of various techniques. For leaders and managers, coaching skills are essential in order to effectively identify strengths, transfer knowledge and empower others.
- The importance and impact of coaching for teams and individuals
- Tools and techniques for motivating and engaging people
- Effective coaching communication strategies
- Distinguishing characteristics of outstanding coaches
- Common coaching mistakes and how to avoid them
“The one standing ovation presentation
at District Conference”
— John H. Donovan | District Governor | Rotary District 5710, Eastern Kansas
Effective leadership in today’s society requires a shift in mentality to embrace more agile and collaborative approaches that empower people, leverage technology, instil confidence and boost performance.
- Empowering your team and earning individual commitment
- Agile practices and current global trends in effective leadership
- Result-based vs. task-based leadership frameworks
- Leading with integrity and making a positive, lasting impact
- Innovation in leadership practices to drive purposeful change
Developing healthy professional relationships between team members is essential for clarifying roles, breaking down barriers, gaining alignment on team goals and effectively collaborating to find innovative solutions.
- Building strong interpersonal relationships
- Responding quickly and efficiently to issues that arise
- Healthy competition and effective collaboration
- Improving group morale and identifying individual strengths
- Overcoming adversity and resolving interpersonal conflicts
“I have no idea how I am going to even come close to matching your presentation for future conferences!”
— Steve Head | Executive Vice President | Telephone Association of New England
Alan’s strategic planning programs focus on setting strategic goals, developing a clear vision of future outcomes, gaining alignment from individual contributors and establishing the steps involved in achieving desired outcomes.
- Developing a comprehensive strategic plan
- Setting priorities and focusing energy and resources
- Adapting the strategic plan to environmental conditions
- Communicating the plan and gaining alignment from stakeholders
- Creating a sustainable culture of commitment and implementation
Sales & Marketing
To win in today’s competitive marketplace, organizations have to embrace diverse marketing strategies, understand societal trends and constantly create remarkable customer experiences centered around value, integrity and relationships.
- Understanding customer expectations and changing mentalities
- Creating a true customer experience of value and transparency
- Selling with integrity and focusing on providing quality solutions
- Expanding and innovating customer touchpoint opportunities
- Overcoming objections and reframing opportunities
“Such an insightful presentation! Practical tools and processes tailored for our industry.”
— Hannah Chala, CMP | VP Education & Programs | Meeting Planners International
Focusing on customer engagement, people-first management, boosting performance and overcoming business challenges, Alan’s business programs have received tremendous feedback from corporate audiences in a wide range of industries.
- Current business trends and insights
- Adapting to changes in workforce mentality and expectations
- Putting people first – the foundation of performance and profits
- Essential steps in successful business planning and operation
- Determining, understanding and taking calculated risks
Innovation & Critical Thinking
Innovation is what drives the world forward. Alan’s background is in innovation through custom machine design and his programs on innovation are a unique combination of technical know-how, critical thought processes and creative problem solving.
- Generating ideas and evaluating alternatives
- Proactive strategies for advancement and initiating change
- The innovation process – conceptualization to implementation
- Strategies for developing unique solutions that create value
- Agile innovation focusing on outcomes and customer needs